Life is good
I'm sure Karly will post pictures so I will not even try.
The answer to yesterday's riddle is Jon and Sharon, our good friends from Ames got engaged on the 7th. I find it interesting that he picked the anniversary of Pearl Harbor to do it but I'm not thinking that was the reason.
Anywho, on with our lives. IACH (Irwin Army Community Hospital) Holiday ball was last night. It was a blast. I wasn't sure what the primary attire was going to be since the invitiation said "uniform optional". I was thinking that is was going to be like those rediculous high school or college formals where the guys where grungy clothes or at the most a sports coat/suit and no tie but then I got to talking and found out that it's a little more formal than that. So I then figured most people would be wearing suits. I however decided that if I got it I should wear it so I pulled out the Mess Blues. When we arrived at COL Smith's house for the pre-ball social I was pleased to find that over half of the military folk at that were wearing the Mess Dress and the other's had on their Blues so I was not even close to being in the minority. Then we get to the ball and suits were the minority as most people wore either Blues or Mess Blues. It was really neat.
Karly and I sat at the head table. It was the Fort Riley MEDCOM Commander Colonel Smith, DENTAC Commander Colonel Grimes, MEDCOM Company Commander DPT Deschamps, myself representing VETCOM, and Brigadier General Yarbrough from 1st Division (talk about a ribbon rack).
To make a long story short I love the military customs, uniforms and just in general the Army. (this is now a shameless plug)
Monday, December 11, 2006
Posted by Paul at 08:22
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|