Short post from Okinawa Japan.
Fun trip getting here (read Karly's blog for details).
The vet clinic is really busy but reality is that it's a break from what I have to deal with at Riley. I actually had a little time to read some of the Stars and Stripes newspaper. The clinic is well managed and the vet's truly only see the cases that need veterinary help.
Of course on my first day I got squirted by an anal sac from one of the Marine Mascots. So I stunk all afternoon but that's ok.
It's been fun trying to figure out the language and culture of the Japanese/Okinawans. It's really hard when you can't even sound out the language because it's pictoral instead of letters. Even Russian was easy comparably. But I have aquired some of the basic words like Yes, No, Hello, Goodbye, Goodnight, What time is it, Do you speak English and a couple of other words.
Three fun words Japanese Fire Alarm (seek Karly's site for details).
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Posted by Paul at 08:22
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|