Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I apologize for the longetivity between my posts. Unfortunately, the US Government in particular the Army Medical Department will not let me use blog programs during the day. I can't say I blame them because in the name of operation security too much information is given out on a daily basis.

Anyway on a better note. I'm here now and I have good news. We did not all drown or blow away in KS over the weekend. The town of Greenburg is gone. The pastor of our church decided we should take a collection for the Greenburg Lutheran church which was undoubdtedly been destroyed. If you feel like contributing send your contributions to Calvary Lutheran Church Council Grove, KS. If you don't feel like donating just send prayers.

This morning we had a flooded basement. Fortunately is wasn't too bad. It only took about an hour to clean it up. The vet clinic had a flooded basement as well and if you didn't read about it a Union Pacific train derailed on post after the trussels had weakend from flood waters. I've never seen the rivers and creeks around here run soo deep but then I haven't been here all that long. We're supposed to have some more rain soon though.

We keep working on the house and traveling and geocacheing... Life is very busy but we've only begun.

If you want more frequent updates watch Karly's blog. I wish I could promise more but it's just not possible.