North Dakota is cool!!!
Literally
It's about 65 degrees outside.
Yesterday afternoon about 3:30 we left Grand Forks AFB to head to Devils Lake for my business trip. About 20 minutes into the trip we got a rude welcome with some rather nasty looking weather. As the weather was heading east and we were heading west I figured as usual that it would be better and less harmful to keep going and bear less insult on the vehicle even if it meant going 20 mph. So we hit a heavy patch of rain and it seemed ok but then a few seconds later it was all out hail. I will never forget the sounds I heard in that vehicle as golf ball sized hail pelted our vehicle. I was watching the road while Karly was praying that the already slightly cracked windshield wouldn't break out under the insult. Anyway, we made it through safe and about a minute after entering the hail, we were out of it and into clear sunny skies for the remainder of the trip.
This afternoon after I got done with business Karly and I headed out to Grahams Island State Park where we decided to do our daily PT. It ended up going faster than expected because we were chased off the biathalon trail by a bunch of mad crazed giant mosquitoes. This was amazing because we were literally coated with DEET but it seems up here they grow them big, juicy and downright scary.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Posted by Paul at 10:47
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|