Monday, September 01, 2008

Eaten Alive!!!

Today in a strange twist of fate, Karly and I had an opportunity to go to Spa Valley for free. Its good to be in a large command which gets great opportunities handed to it. Anyway, this is a resort waterpark which is fed by a hot spring from Apsan. It normally would be a little pricey but the price was perfect. So we spent the day relaxing in hot springs and having fun on waterslides. At least I had fun on most of the waterslides whereas Karly experienced her first waterslide in the kid park. She seemed to love it but wasn't willing to step up to the big kid slides. In anycase she did enjoy me going down the speed slide which was about a 200 foot drop.

We spent a considerable amount of time in the indoor hot spring spas which had the ultrasonic bath, the liquor (something) bath, the stretching bath, the massage bath... On one end of the hot spring section was an elevated bath which had people in it but had a closed sign on the outside. So we inquired about it's condition and I thus made a reservation for Karly and I to sit in that warm bath for a half hour. Now, you're probably wondering why we had to make a reservation and pay for a particular bath when all the others were free and open. Well this particular bath was a special exfoliating bath which, when one sits still in it, a large amount of dead skin on the most outer layer of epidermis is removed forcibly. Now this is kind of a ticklish sensation and at times like little pin pricks but overall it seems to be good for the skin.

Anyway, Karly and I sat in the bath and were exfoliated and we were happy though Karly had problems sitting still long enough for the exfoliation to happen very much.