Back for another go round. This week has been rather uneventful. Unfortunately I don't have too much to say but there are a couple of quick stories that can be told.
Last night was our first SCAVMA (student chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association). After the meetings we always go out to a local establishment and partake of a common beverage made with yeast and hopps (among other things). The evening was quite unremarkable other than meeting many of the new VM1's, and catching up with some students after the summer, but to my surprise I am strolling around Paddy's and run into a good friend Katie. At this point in time I find that I occasionally run into people I know around main campus, and other places but I don't tend to catch up to friends from church at a bar. Anyway it was Katies birthday so I just had to join in on the celebration. Shortly thereafter I was tapped on the shoulder by another friend from church. It's now becoming quite a reunion at the bar. Anyway, the story ends that I just happened to run into quite a few people unintentionally which was fun for me.
It reminded me of the old days back at University of Illinois when I would go to a bar on any given night and run into no less than 5 friends. This however I never expected to happen here as the veterinary school is sooo isolated from the main campus, and I am mostly involved with only veterinary organizations which doesn't get me involved too much with the rest of the school. But alas, somehow I have been involved in enough to know people all over the place and it's good to feel at home in a place by knowing people.
I'm not sure what this weekend will bring but I hope good fortune awaits in my neer future. Till then I'll catch yawl later.
Saturday, September 11, 2004
Posted by Paul at 03:31
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|