So I laid down for a short nap this afternoon and next thing I know it´s night. I´m getting better but I think my body still wants more rest. Today Paulo returned from up north and brought some new challenges with him for us to figure out. Yesterday was the first day in a while that I actually felt like doing anything so I went downtown with Gonz and Paula for the evening. Gonz had a meeting to discuss the Pró-Fauna website so he left Paula and I to find where we were going. We ended up at an Irish pub named Finnigans which happened to be one of the best pubs in town according to Playboy (they had the article on the wall). The night started off slow with just Paula and I from 8 till ten but that was cool, it gave me a chance to catch up with her which I haven´t been able to do since she joined us a few days ago. Then everyone starte showing up. First Gonz, Erosita and the webdesigner (from the meeting), then Marcus, then Daniel and his wife and cousin + spouse. It was great when the last group showed up because Daniel´s wife is a fellow American (the first I´ve met since being here) so it was refreshing being able to have a traditional high-paced english conversation with someone other than Gonz. I found it difficult to not poke too much fun at her alma mater (U of Michigan) though. But once again the Big Ten rules the world.
Today and yesterday were writing and reviewing days. I spent the majority of today writing a paper which is to be presented next week in Paris, and reviewing another for that same objective. Then we went to lunch at a churrascaria for a delicious smattering of all the carnivorous nummies that one could possibly want, took my nap and I´m back to the present.
Friday, July 02, 2004
Posted by Paul at 06:20
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|