Doooooode! We just wanna fix your dog.
Starting last weekend. My sister and I decided to get sunburnt at Turkey Run Indiana. It wasn't our fault the sun decided to come out in the last hour of the canoe trip. These things just happen. Anyway we did 15 miles on Sugar Creek and had a lot of fun.
My suggestion for dinner at the border of IL and IN on 74 is the BEEF HOUSE!! mmmmmmm beeeef.
The next night my father and I returned Helen to Champaign and about a mile east of Downs there was an extremely loud whine similar to a jet engine warming up just beneath our feet. So we slowed down and pulled off at Downs into a gas station. When we parked and got out of the car I saw an orange glow underneath. I yelled at dad to get out of the car and ran to the station to get an extinguisher. I got the fire out and all was well except the car but I don't think it's a total loss. So we finally got home around 12:30am.
That morning we got a call around 5:30am and grandpa was in the emergency room from bleeding. So it was a very short night.
Since the Jeep is out of comission we were down to just my Cadillac which doesn't bode well for my mother who is on jury duty this week and dad who still has to work. Soooo yesterday morning my CJ became insured YEAH! and now I get to drive it (fun, Fun, FUN).
Continuing the car saga. This morning I took my Cadillac in to get the AC fixed. Yesterday they said it would take about an hour. I was thinking, OK well I can wait for an hour. When I dropped it off they said you're going to wait all day. I wasn't sure why but apparently the fix takes an hour and then after that they have to hook it up to a vacuum for 1-2 hours to get rid of the moisture which would blow the lines if you filled them with freon prior to that. So I was glad I had stoped for coffee and Crispy Cremes when I grabbed the doughnuts, coffee and a book and walked the 10 blocks to miller park where I sat under a war memorial and ate breakfast. My grandparents then picked me up on their way to a Dr. appointment which I joined in on to find out exactly what was wrong with Grandpa. It turns out that all will be fine with him. The problem can be fixed easily with a plasma coagulating machine (new fangled medical stuff).
What a week so far. I hope things calm down for the rest of the week.
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Posted by Paul at 01:44
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|