I've been officially scolded for not writing some of my funny clinic stories here so I shall attempt to write more of them down.
I'm on equine surgery right now and have been for the last month. It has been extremely busy with not a lot of time to think until this week when things seem to have slowed to a crawl.
Two days ago we had 2 percherons come in for surgery treatments. We have Prince a 2170 lb. gelding and Harry a 2050 lb. gelding. They are quite a pair and very "playful". The other night when I was in house I took Prince's temperature and it was high 102.4 which is just a little high and I was in the pen which was pretty stagnant so I decided to try putting a fan on the pen to cool things off. Well the outlet is between the stalls just above the top of the doors. I went by the stall a half hour later and the fan was off, unplugged, so I plugged it back in. Another hour went by and the fan was off again and I'm thinking. Who keeps shutting the fan off the horse is hot and needs some air movement. So I pick up the plug and it's just bent to heck and a lightbulb goes off in my head. Aaaaaha, Prince can reach around the corner and unplug it. So I go to get a grate to put over that end of the stall to protect it and plug it in on the way. I turned around quickly and there he was with his tongue sticking out reaching for that plug. I proceeded to yell at him and you should have seen the bashful face he gave me. Well I got the grate and the problem stopped and he just decided that it would be fun to splash water all over the place for the rest of the night.
Story two. We have a butt mass named Chester. Oops I mean we have a horse named Chester with a butt mass. Today we have another horse coming in lame with a butt mass. We're just here to take care of butt masses.
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Posted by Paul at 04:27
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|