Karly posted so I now feel left out. We really should spend the time to consolidate our blogs for simplicities sake.
Today is my birthday. I had a lovely morning with a phone call to and from home. I was excited to actually receive and talk to family on a telephone rather than the computer. I hear Dad spent a little while up on the roof at home attempting to fix the internet there, however, apparently there's a tree in the way so some trimming will need to take place. After attempting to hook up our new wireless router which speaks only Korean, we discovered a need for consultation so the next door neighbor will be dropping in sometime this evening to help out. I then headed off to work. I know it's a shame working on your birthday but alas I have a job and some important business. I spent an hour looking at numbers for an update to present to the Command and Staff at 10 which ran long and made Karly and myself fashionably late to a farewell lunch for one of my colleagues. I took the opportunity to thank her for hosting such a nice birthday party for me because I knew that had I invited people then no one would have showed up (wink wink). At about that time I received a phone call and we will be receiving our Korean furniture this afternoon. I'm thrilled and excited to see the pieces yet again. The price was unbeatable. I'm sure our picture poster will have some shots up in a couple of months. That brings me to now where I'm sitting on the couch contemplating the hugeness of the information I just received about the Health Professions Loan Repayment Program being reinstated. I will be applying and hopefully in July I will find that I the proud recipient of three years more commitment to the Army in exchange for a large chunk of my student loans being payed off.
Tonight we plan to have a nice quiet romantic dinner and spend some time relaxing before I head off to a busy day tomorrow.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Posted by Paul at 13:52
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|