Wednesday, May 05, 2004

So this morning my father asked me to see if I could consult with animal behavioral experts about an issue that his cat has with my cats. It's quite interesting how it works, my two cats show up at my parents house and as soon as Chloe (their cat) discovers that they're their she bolts straight up to my parents bedroom and hides under the bed for the duration of my cats stay except for the occasional trip to the bathroom and food pan. All three of them have claws so that I don't believe is the issue. If anyone has any ideas my family would welcome responses. The behavior specialist that I know at the vet school here is Dr. Allison Barnhill abarnhil@iastate.edu I don't know if she could help but I put this out for all to see.

On another note yesterday I had the joy of tearing down a staircase at the church. Talk about a great way of letting out aggression running a ten pound sledge hammer for a couple of hours ripping through and destroying boards with splinters flying and loud explosive sounds reverberating with each strikewas great stress relief. You may ask why I was ripping out and destroying things at my church. It's because I have a vengance against the church! Just kidding!!!! They have decided to remodel the former parish hall/original sancturary so it is more suitable for students to study. There used to be a loft where the alter was which covered up a wonderful stained glass window and in the process of remodeling our goal is to re-expose the window which entails removal of the loft and staircase. This means a great deal of demolition.

I think I may go back for another hour or so of stress relief after my 1:00 Public Health final today. After this I have Virology and Pharmacology. Finding the will power to study has been difficult but fortunately I have a wonderful mother and father who are constantly reminding me to get at it.