Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Today I Discovered!

I knew that this country would offer some good experiences, and some fun times. I also knew that this country fits about 20 million inhabitants in the space of Indiana (that's South Korea alone). So the assumption was made that the country would be literally full of people.

What I discovered yesterday is that there is a lot of open space in this country. Yesterday I went hiking into the mountain range south of Daegu where I discovered a vast amount of hiking trails and open space. What was different was the development of mountain climbing. It was not just a series of small trails that were small and dirt or gravel, rather they were well developed trails with stairs and occasionally a small outdoor gym for working out while you're working out.

All in all I hiked about 7 miles on a 20% grade. Thus making my knees hurt. But I got some good pictures so here they are.