I smell like rumen!!!
So I've been very fortunate the last couple of days. ICU double scheduled the overnight shift on small animal critical care 8PM-11AM. The barn (large animal) has been extremely busy lately so I was called in to assist with the barn dutys. This is the preferred option for me so I was glad to take up the call of duty and switch to doing what I love rather than doing what I tend to find mundane.
In other news. The rumen thing. Tonight we have a cow with chronic bloat. She has a surgically placed fistula to releive the bloat which generally works. However, there can be one complication. When the normal gas cap is removed by a cow overeating and overdrinking the fistula can easily get plugged. This happened to the cow tonight (the overeating is probably why she's a chronic bloater). So about 3AM I was reaching my fingers into the hole. When it got unplugged a stream poured/shot out of the hole. I definitely decided that she had too much in there when under pressure I was able to get almost 15 gallons of fluid and contents onto the ground (yuk). So anyway she felt a whole bunch better and is chewing her cud again. Horray!!
On other notes.
Life is good, I love Karly, my parents are coming to help empty the 6th and Grand apt. this weekend. I have next week off, oh and did I mention LIFE IS GOOD.
Friday, January 27, 2006
Posted by Paul at 19:15
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|