It's 3:30AM!! That's lunch time.
It sure is weird being on 3rd shift.
Tonight is quiet (knock on wood) we've only got a few patients in house and hourlies only take about 15 minutes. That makes things easier as I get a chance to blog like this. I think I need to comment about being married.
I love being married. It's a joy I have always wanted and never known what it would be like. I really don't know very much yet about what it's like as I have only been hitched for 2 weeks. But here's my perspective so far. The feeling of having someone who'll always be there for you. No I'm not talking about a motherly type of being there. There is a bond between a man and a wife that has totally different meaning than that of parent child. When you make a commitment to a person in front of God himself and a large group of family and friends it is amazing what a feeling you get. It's truly a feeling of forever, a knowledge, that when all hell breaks loose in an apocalyptic manner against you there will always be a hand to reach to for help, someone who has more of a vested interest than money or self ritousness, it's a hand of love.
I think this statement has a little more meaning in my recent history. How many women out there would be ok with being married for 2 days and then seeing your husband for 1hr per day for 4 days and then the next week not getting to sleep next to him. It's a credit I must give to Karly (and I guess myself) that we are doing well with it and it is possible even that our love has grown even more because of it. I find it completely true that abscence makes the heart grow fonder.
Life is good, it's now 4:30 and we have a constipated dog. He has super megacolon and we're hoping to give him the biggest colon blow of his life but so far it's a little at a time. After 4 enemas in the last 2 days I just got him to go. Yeah! This is probably waaaaay toooo much information for ya'll now. So I'll move on.
The eternal coffee pot may not be so eternal as of tomorrow. The last pot of leaded was just brewed and tomorrow again has no staff and therefore no coffee filter bag refills. BOOOOOO!!! I might just have to bring my own pitcher full for tomorrow night.
I'm really looking forward to 8AM right now but for the moment things are calm and so I am happy.
Monday, January 16, 2006
Posted by Paul at 18:33
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|