Tis my first night on the large animal overnight shift (aka horse shift). It is soooo much nicer down here. The general attitude is better and things are alot more fun.
Tonight inbetween hourlies we watched The Adams Family movie. It's really fun having an LCD projector in the Equine rounds room. It sure beats just surfing the web and doing homework. Which by the way I got my first ICU homework done already. I was told that most people can't do it on the overnights but I seem to have adjusted to the time fairly well and was able to think clearly through the first set. Tomorrow I shall tackle another.
I should be getting my first (regular working) uniform today. My ACU's are scheduled to show up later this morning. I'm lookinf foreward to trying them on though the thought that it will be the most common thing I wear for the next 3+ years is somewhat frightening. I think I'm going to enjoy the military though. If nothing else we will certainly be good at packing and getting rid of useless things.
My last thought for tonight is my personal view that CPR in cat's and dog's is probably not something that I would consider necessary. If you do have to do CPR the prognosis for survival more than a week is grave. About 4.1% of dogs make it out of the hospital and 9.6% of cats and that's just making it out, we don't know what percent really survive the first week away but my guess is that it's pretty low. There are other reasons but I'm not in the mood to rant so I'll let it go.
Till later
Friday, January 20, 2006
Posted by Paul at 19:37
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|