Tis the night before tomorrow, when all through the house, all the creatures were stirring and even the louse.
All is well in ICU, Boots, who eviscerated 4 days ago, is up and trying to get away, Brandi is sleeping and trying to annoy me by pulling out her dose syringe every 5 minutes. There's a Shit zu (sp?) with sever halitosis who's making us all gag and ol' Ben with renal lymphoma who's getting some help so he can be happy in his last days.
Tonight I unfortunately found out that Karly and my plans for a honeymoon in ElPaso have been crushed down by the Govt. Apparantly no one at any point in time (I would guess until you're issuing the orders) gets a break before or after training. It's "a precaution to keep people from vacationing on government expense" I personally see this as BS as if you're there anyway why can't you stick around after you're done with your training, it doesn't make sense to me as long as you're not using a govt. charge card or trying to get them to pay for a rental car. Oh, well I think we'll end up in Colorado, Yellowstone, or perhaps just the Black hills for our honeymoon. My preference is Colorado since I haven't spent much time there. But staying in the Old Faithful lodge would be really cool too. So anyway more is to come on that.
Tonight I have been trying not to think but I suppose now I can. But I'm not sure yet what to write about.
OK Got it. Christmas!!! A very good topic.
So I now have 4 Christmases to celebrate, well, really only one Christmas but I'm talking the family celbrations. So now there it the Thomas, Hester (extended), Hester (family), and Weitzel. Two nights ago was the Weitzel family christmas (It took a while to get there but it finally did happen). It was a lot of fun, we hosted at our lovely trailer which barely fit the 10 of us plus the presents and the tree, and it got even more crowded when Karly had me get my last present!! I was elated to find out that her gift to me was an acoustic bass guitar. For those of you who don't know I have been playing bass for over a year now with the Weitzel family singers (aka the Praise Him Singers, aka PHS). It's such a fun instrument, unfortunately I don't have much time to keep up on trumpet right now so my current main instruments are Piano and bass. All the christmases were fun this year but I hope next year can be even better as Andrew will be done with his residency and hopefully able to make it, I will be only in Kansas and since the military gives a loong weekend over Christmas Karly and I should be able to be there, Kristi will be graduated as well but who knows where she'll end up. I think we might be able to have the full crew at Christmas again God willing. But of course there is the possibility that I will need to be here in Ames with my other half's family. We have yet to figure out how we're going to work out all the holidays, I guess we'll take things as they come.
On a final note.
GO!!!!! ILLINI!!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Posted by Paul at 16:09
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|