Got into Prague this morning at 7:30AM. Unfortunately nothing is open at that time and hostel check in isn't usually till ten at the earliest. We went to our "reserved" hostel which somehow didn't have us in as a reservation so we spent a little time trying to find something on our own when our shoulders got tired and we found a travel agent. Within about five minutes we had accomodations at about half the price we would have paid at the hostel we had reserved (YEAH!!!) I guess travel agents aren't always the expensive way. It was a long hike all up hill to our location which is about 3 blocks outside of the old town in a "bargain district" it's about a 5 min ride on the trambai to old town which isn't bad at all.
After we killed ourselves getting to the Pension(accomodation) it was difinitively time for a short nap before touring. At about 12:30 we left to walk down to the old town. First stop was the powder tower and we just kept walking randomly and ended up in the old town square with the famous astronomical clock. Then we went down to the river front and across the Charles bridge. On the way we stopped in the most awesome music shop I've ever been in. It was packed full of every instrument possible from dijerydoos to Stradivarius violins and all the rotary valve instruments you could think of. I was extremely tempted by a rotary valve flugelhorn which was going for about $110US multiply that by 25 and you get the price in Krowns which is really a pain to do.
We ate dinner by the river about a block down from Charles bridge. The cafe had incredible food and my dinner was a half pint of dark beer pork loin in mushroom sauce fried potatoes with onions and ham and a quiche of some sort with plumb pie for dessert and the total was 185Kc (dirt cheap for that good of a meal). The town is absolutely beautiful it's no wonder Prague is used for lots of films and artists make it their residence.
Tomorrow I celebrate my birthday. I'm going to sleep in till 9 and catch the 10:30 day long super walking tour and hopefully meet up with some people who would want to help me celebrate my birthday. I think I'll splurge on dinner and go to a fancy expensive restaurant ($20US per meal). I'll probably continue updating every day now.
Friday, June 04, 2004
Posted by Paul at 04:22
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|