I told you it'd be easier to get on the internet now that I've left Ukraine. It's now 2 days till my birthday and I haven't decided what I'm going to do. Probably find a group of people at the hostel in Prague and go celebrate.
This is our first and last full day in Krakow. It is a beautiful city. Last night I met up with some other students (of course being my fate it was 4 ladies) at the hostel and we went out to the disco for the evening. We ended up at three discos and lost track of time and didn't get in till 4AM (DOPE!!!!). Fortunately I slept about 12 hours on the trains from Kyiv to here so I'm not feeling tired at all because of it.
This morning we got off to a 9:30 start and headed down Florianska Street to the main square. We decided to take the "royal route" from the city gates to the castle. We killed about 4 hours at Wawel Castle which was absolutely incredible. They had a treasury and armory museum which was amazing but of course "no pictures". We just got done visiting the Dominican Church of the holy trinity and St. Francis cathedral. There were some very interesting things at both places and I was able to take pictures. One was a statue of Jesus in the thinker pose on a rock over some broken tablets. I have no clue what the significance of that is but if anyone has input I would appreciate it. We're about to head over to St. Mary's which is the main church in the central square.
Daily updates are much shorter than weekly or biweekly which is nice for me and you.
Wednesday, June 02, 2004
Posted by Paul at 23:20
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|