Thursday, August 03, 2006

Reshaped and ready to fly!

I decided that my beret needed to be reshaped this evening. I want it to look good for the funeral on Saturday so I did the whole warm water, shave and shape. The cool thing about the beret is when you put it on after getting it wet, it fits absolutely perfect and looks great. But then you have to leave it on until it dries so it holds form (2-3 hours whew). That isn't fun but it's how you do it. Anyway, Karly's never been around when I've just shaped a beret so I took some pictures. What's unfortunate is that after it dries, being wool, it requires constant tugging to keep it correct and then when it gets really humid it seems to schrivel up (boo). So to make a long story short, I am still preferential to the patrol cap but since there is a commanders order to wear the beret on Sam Houston I must comply. I also have to have it ready and looking good because it is authorized for wear with the class A, B, ACU, DCU, and BDU.
So here's one of the pictures.

I WANT YOU for the US Army!!