Thursday, June 01, 2006

Scary, terrific, wonderful, lonely... I want to go but I don't want to leave. I want to go so that I may return and not have to go again. But I don't want to go because I have to leave my wife, yet leaving my wife will allow her to do things like work and "get back into shape". Oh, Bother!! There is no option and it's obviously the only way that I can continue to be on the job path which I/we have chosen. Time will fly and then we will be in Kansas together.

Moving on, we got back from our 1500 mile trek down to the Shawnee National forest and back. We stopped in Normingtion/Hudson on the way down and on the way back up. We stayed in Greenville for the two nights in so. IL. I tried to break my leg on a rock at Burden falls in the forest. I was unsuccessful in breaking it but to this time it's still painful. We had a wonderful time down in the forest and were able to pass off the Cadillac to Mandy.

On sunday we were recruited to be part of the choir for the dedication of Redeemer Lutheran church in Greenville. It was a wonderful time and the sermon for the dedication was incredible. I hope to be able to post a transcript in the future.

For memorial day we returned to Bloomington to deliver flowers to the graves of our ancestors. On the morning of Memorial day we went to the parade and then the memorial service and then we delivered flowers. We had a great lunch at Schooners and then were off back to Ames.

It was a lot of driving and a lot of fun but very tiring. I have a feeling that that will be a synopsis of Karly and my life in the military that is a lot of driving a lot of fun but very tiring.