Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I hope this finds you well. Things are going well here. Yesterday we did leadership training and NBC training. Today we did weapons PT, a road march, M9 live fire training, radio and medevac training, and learned how to strip the M16 and M9. We're up for land navigation tomorrow. This field thing is lots of fun though it would be much nicer if they were more private accomidations and if there were a better way to stay clean. I don't think I will have another chance to write. I'm doing this during my phone duty at 0230.
I think one of the nicest things I've found so far about this field exercise is seeing both the sunrise and the sunset for the last two days, and I'm sure today is going to be no different. It's a challenge to stay hydrated in the heat but with a camelpack and canteens I'm doing well. There is plenty of exercise going on both intentionally and inadvertently so my abs hurt. I think I will be extremely tired by friday not so much because of hard work but more a combination of the heat, exercise, and now having to split the night to do phone duty.
I give my best to all and I hope everyone is doing extremely well especially grandpa.