Thursday, June 22, 2006

This is my very favorite picture right now. It's not fun being away from Karly but we're doing well with the seperation.
A picture of Wayne and I and then Karly drinking really big beer's at the Bayernstube in Gibson City IL during Helen's graduation party.
The most boring tour ever!!!Today we had the "opportunity" to visity the Veterinary food diagnostics lab here at Ft. Sam. The actual food inspection process is kind of fun but the aftermath which comes here for testing I found to be rather dry. Or perhaps it was the presentation which was dry, either way the tour was not extremely enjoyable. The triumphant finale was going to the diagnostic lab and seeing leptospira and rabies (on microscopes), and a nice bat display. Other than that it was quite difficult to not only hear but to pay attention to the presenters.On the brighter side, this morning was fun. We went over to Lackland and visited the MWD kennel and VTF. They house a lot of dogs there and do most of the training on that site. We were privledged to a demonstration prior to our tour.I'm hoping the interest level I have for this course picks up when we head to our FTX. I'm guessing that just being outside again and doing things in the field will be a whole lot more fun than our daily "death by powerpoint" sessions. Posted by Picasa