Here is where I am. This is Fort Bliss taken from satellite images off of google earth. Bliss inn is where I had to run to the other day from bldg. 5016 where I abide and am currently typing from.
This is a picture taken from an elevation of 5280 ft in the Franklin mountains state park. This location is just off the trans-mountain road which connects East El Paso to west El Paso. I hiked about half way up the mountain before discovering that it was too cold to go any further (my camera froze up) and I started getting a headache which was likely do in part to the altitude and a slight head cold I've had as a result of the desert temperature fluctuations (30's in the morning and 60's in the afternoon).
These are some pictures of the VTF at Fort Bliss. I admit they're not very exciting but alas it is where I work down here.

So Karly (my lovely wife) is on her way from Georgia to El Paso as I type. I am extremely excited for her arrival but I just have to wait. I'm not sure what we will do for tourism and such but we're really good at the whole fly by the seat method of having fun. I will not be posting untill she departs as I don't want to waste any of my time with her by typing. 
|