Monday, February 06, 2006

It's official!!!
I'm off to ADT.
I flew out this morning at 8:15AM after a greuling 4:45AM wake up. I can tell you it wasn't easy leaving Karly's arms. I was full of emotions, happiness, anger, fear, unknowing, glee... Leaving for the first time after getting married was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I have survived, and our tie apart can only bring us closer in the end.
So now I am writing from Phoenix airport. Can I mention I love having a laptop with wireless. It's awesome, I'm writing to you from a sports bar in the airport, how great is that. Anyway, my flight leaves at 1311 for ElPaso which will be my final destination. I have no idea what to expect but I was reassured by a Seargent that I met on the plane. She works with soldiers at Camp Dodge letting them know what's going on when they come for training. She was very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of this kind of excersize and made sure I knew a little of what to expect and how to go about getting things done. She and a group stationed at Camp Dodge will be shipping out to Iraq in June so I wish them the best. She is extremely excited to be serving her country and the good of the Iraqi people even though she will be leaving behind her husband and children.
I'll write again soon.