So I realized when I woke up today how the military life or the life of a salesman can be hard. I think it is harder for the person being left than the person leaving when that person leaving is going to a new location. This morning when I woke up I realized that I now have memories of Karly here. The pictures are in my head and they prompt reminders of my
life away from here. The longing for companionship with my wife that is realized upon getting out of my shower/bed...is stronger after having her here. When there is no memory of having that here there is less longing and reminders.
I guess you could say that this weekend especially Karlys return to Iowa was a psychological experiment. I take it as a learning experience. I now know what it is like to "lose" someone even though I know that Karly will be there when I return to Iowa and that knowledge brings great peace, I now understand the feeling of loss which accompanies a more permanent departure (shuffle off the mortal coil). Like I said I have that peace of knowledge that I will see her again. But for a brief moment while she was in the air I believe that I experienced for a short while that sense of loss. The human psyche has an amazing compensatory mechanism which does take some time to start up. But thank goodness it does.
Wow, this is gettin way too deep and probably a little confusing. But I've attempted to explain it to the best of my linguistic ability. As you have probably guessed by reading my blog, I am more of a train of thought type of writer, spilling my ideas onto the page. Technical writing doesn't come easily and trying to explain complex emotion is even more difficult.
Ok I'm done rambling now.
All my love to Karly and the rest of my support network (family and friends).
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Posted by Paul at 02:34
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|