Saturday, July 01, 2006

Home sweet hotel. It won't be "home" until Karly gets here tomorrow. The last week was a lot of fun but really a lot of work. We basically did a weeks worth of the CTT that an IET soldier would learn and were given it in one day and tested the next. All I can say is holy cow were we pushing. We did M16, SINGAR, M9, 9 line Medevac, NBC training, day and night land navigation all in four days. Not to mention the leadership training course, GPS training, down chopper scenerio, and M9 range as well as learning to do weapons PT. It was a really hectic 4 days. But I managed to survive, get a go on all the tasks, make an expert level on the M9, and only got one blister. It was a lot of fun. I hit 100% of my points on the day and night land navigation and last night my partner and I even took 2 Plt. 1st Place on the nite run allowing me to get to bed by 2215 which was great since the time to complete the course ran until 0030 so I got to bed around 2 hours before the last person rolled in . I don't know that there's much more to say here other than this experience has made me realize how much I truly don't know or am unable to do when it comes to being a soldier. I now know how important the training we recieve is and no matter how hard it is to be away from my wife, if I am ever to be put in a position where I need to use these skills, I had better have the proper training and therefore I need to be away on occasion. The military is an amazing buisness.