Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two nights ago I discovered that you really can't cook food in a microwave on an acrylic plate. As the plate proceeded to crumble under my food I said to myself " I must remember this important information" and "tomorrow I need to buy a new plate".
Then tomorrow came and it came the time of day for me to buy a new plate. As I walked into the PX I noticed a strange crowd of young Korean men exiting with passes around their neck. I then noticed a long line for which I could not tell the reason. I did not further investigate and proceeded to the kitchen section of the PX.
On my way passing the magazine rack and on the way to the checkout, I noticed the line had cleared and standing there were a gaggle of women wearing red and black letter type jackets. Closer inspection revealed that these were indeed the Arizona Cardinals Cheerleading squad. I knew that they were visiting Korea but had had no idea when or where and honestly no real desire to see them. However, happenstance being as good as any I said why not say hi. So I did. I talked to most of them (to what extent they were talkable just after getting off the plane that morning). Since I spent the time to come over and say hi they found the will to sign a picture for me. I would say it was quite an experience but in reality it wasn't. They were friendly but you could tell they were disheveled from the long trip and ready to just go to bed. You might say they had the look of Karly when I wake her up at 5AM to say hi, except I think Karly's a whole lot prettier.
On a continuation note. The car runs great and I think it should be good for the year.