The View Would be Good
The view from my windows would be good if they weren't obstructed by the other BOQ and the giant umbrella in front of my place. If this was more like Colorado, or had they decided to consult someone who thinks about nature when designing a building and integrating a great view in each window, then the BOQ would be in an incredible location. Instead someone wasn't thinking and I have to walk 50 feet to get a great view. That's not too bad but I will say that I really miss Kansas. The city life, even the on post more open space city life just doesn't seem to appeal to me. I suppose my standards are too high. If that's the case then I just need to make another promotion and hopefully those considerations will be more pertinant to those that are "running the show". I looked at the base cost of the housing and realize that they should be able to run a resort for us to live in for the price we're "paying". In reality, I think I could stay in the hotel all year long and have maid service for the number that was given to me. In case you couldn't tell, I am not impressed in the slightest by the housing over here. I think the Air Force is correct in their assessment of Army housing as sub-standard.
I'm probably just cynical because I don't have my wife here to make life better.
Alas, I will do my best on our measly budget to make steady improvements to the crackerjack box which they have given me.
I will post pictures when I get to the BOQ today.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Posted by Paul at 08:59
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|