Monday, July 31, 2006

Castles on Ft Sam Houston and Nearby

Here we go, I finally got one to work. I just started using the Xanga picture server thingy and they keep showing up as broken links until I publish then edit the post (weird). Anyway, this is a castle just off of the old post at Ft Sam. It's outside the gates but it's quite a single family residence.

I just don't get it. I think I told the program to use the same size for this picture as the last but it shows up smaller. Ayway, this is the Pershing house. If you can't tell it's quite the place. The two story porch is consistent across the majority of the older on post quarters (that's where the officers live). In case you hadn't guessed this house is the quarters for a very important person on post. It's the commander of the US Army North (5th army).