Thursday, July 06, 2006

The fun started saturday morning when I woke up to the rain. I started getting ready for the day about 0700, typed on the computer and talked to Karly and my family. At about 0900 I went to pick up the rental car from the reputable company Enterprise which has an office on post. I left the building and it was still raining but I wanted to walk so I proceeded the 1.5 miles uphil toward the DFAC where the car was.
When I arrived it became plainly obvious that they didn't open till 10 even though their online hours began at 0900 so I waited under a shelter over at the DFAC. When I walked over to the office at about 0955 they had opened the door a little early and 3 people had already gone in and were doing the paperwork. I got my papers and started working. The entire group before me and those in line behind me were all IET students so when I got up there and told him I was in a hurry because my wife was landing at 1035 and that I was a 26 year old officer he was much more cordial to me than the others. He gave me a free upgrade because the size of car I had reserved would have taken me to another lot on post and he said someone was going to have to get an upgrade and he would prefer me over a 21YO enlisted soldier.
So I got a nice 2005 Chevy Malibu and was off to pick up Karly who was at the baggage claim around the time I left Fort Sam.
I arrived at the airport and found my lovely wife in all of her cuteness and beauty. We headed back to the post hotel to drop off the luggage and get her through a shower.
I will post more later.