Thursday, July 27, 2006

The maids are definitely trying to earn a tip, definitely!!!
I walk into my room tonight and I take a look around and say to myself somethings wrong here. Then I notice, that my shoes are missing from their usual spot. So I search the room and find the boots in the other room by the closet/pantry. Then I notice that the camera bags have been hung on the doorknob so I was wondering what else they did. I went in to use the bathroom and when I was washing my hands I looked over to get a cup afterwards because I was thirsty. Well there was only one of my glass glasses left where there were three this morning. Hmmm, I thought, I bet they washed them, and sure enough out by the coffee pot (which was also cleaned). So all in all I really like the maid service here at Sam Houston.

On another note. My wealth of useless information has started to have a little use. In discussing food safety and food micro I evidently made it quite apparent to the class and to the subject matter expert (WO3) that I was after a little more information about the topic than my colleagues.

Anyway, today was fun though I felt like I ate too much since going to the DFac for breakfast and lunch and later tonight we're celebrating Cpt. Pfanenstiehl's (sp. formerly Tidd) birthday by going out for fermented grain tea and dough circles with tomato puree, shredded processed milk, and slow and fast twitch fibers with various other flavorings.